...a post that attempts to capture the amazingitude that was my HSD weekend. to borrow a favorite phrase of raechel's, "it was everything."
just in case you think the delay is because i am a big fiction-head, here's some proof that at least layla went. i didn't take many pictures as it were, because, hello? when you go over to martha stewart's house, you don't offer to arrange her flowers.
finding my feet + fruit of my womb. hello, alternate universe.
hahaha a 12 month old and a 4 month old. pretty much the same size.
this will require an explanation later.
a few quick facts i learned during my blissful stay (complete exposé from my undercover investigation to follow):
1. raechel is shorter than i expected and somehow even more gorgeous than she appears on her blog.
2. i hadn't really lived until i got behind the wheel of a serger.
3. a run-in with the police is a great way to cement an-hours old friendship
4. oliver is impossibly charming and utterly adorable and i might broker an arranged marriage between him and layla (neither would mind based one what i have seen)
5. hazel is a sassy little nugget of adorability (even though she was a little sick all weekend) who may be part howling-wookie.
6. telling a graphic designer that your website's elements were all designed using microsoft word and screenshots is a good way to get judged.
7. three of my "best of my life" spots have been newly-filled by things i discovered at the myers' house: best french toast (raechel), best mixed drink (ryan), best sandwich (ina/ryan/raechel).
like i said. it was everything. (please note that the tag "BFF's" was used for this post. that's right. i just went there)